Summer plans are being solidified now as Spring comes to a close and there is no better time than to get organized for the impending packing. If it’s the sweet mountain air that’s calling you….then you’re in luck!
Today we feature a special guest post from an impeccably stylish, mother-of-three who manages to keep everything under control effortlessly, Sheralyn Baltes. Her love affair with Jackson Hole, Wyoming has been going strong for years and if you are headed to the mountains, ranch or countryside this summer we urge you to take her lead….
Sheralyn talks about the ‘Modern Mountain’ style…
Growing up in Seattle, I was able to experience a perfect balance between city living and mountain living. With the Cascade Mountain range at our fingertips, we camped, hiked, fished, and chased crickets all summer long. When I became a parent, I knew that I wanted my children to have the same experience. We are blessed to spend 8 months of the year in Santa Monica and the other 4 months in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The 3 summer months are particularly magical. I’m filled with nostalgia and joy everyday as I watch my 3 young boys run around our property freely.
- Must be durable: Let’s not forget that I’m chasing 3 boys through river beds.
- Must reflect my personality: Disciplined/structured but likes to let loose from time to time.
- Must reflect my sense of style: Disciplined/structured but likes to let loose from time to time.
- Must respect my age: I’m a 40 year old mom not a 25 year old music festival attendee.
- Must be versatile: Need items that will interchange easily.
- Must be cost conscious: Gotta know when to splurge and when to save.
- Must be found online: Who has time to go shopping?
1. Low ankle Golden Goose boots: My one big splurge.
These boots can be worn with shorts, skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, dresses, or just about anything. The boots from this brand are pricey, but they are worth it. I bought my last pair almost 5 years ago and I still wear them 2-3 times per week. The belt shown is also from Golden Goose.
2. Boyfriend cut-off shorts: I bought mine from Current Elliot.
- Save: Take an old pair of low-waisted baggy jeans, cut them off mid thigh, leave the ends frayed, wash a few times, and you’re good to go.
- When cutting, make sure to cut mid-thigh, not too short, not too long.
- Make sure they are low-waisted.
- Make sure they are loose fitting.
3. Simple, lightweight, versatile blouses.
- Save: The floral print in the picture is from Forever 21, it was $17.00. It is so pretty in real life. It’s sheer, ties at the waist, and is absolutely versatile and flattering.
- The tunic is from Madewell, also a great value.
- The white sleeveless top is from Vince. A bit of a splurge but worth it.
4. No.6 Clogs: I’m obsessed. They are so cute and so comfortable. I found mine at Steven Allen. I wear these with shorts, boyfriend jeans, and simple dresses.
5. Button-down dress: This is a mountain girl must have. This one is from Old Navy.
6. Rings & necklace: I made these at Semi Precious on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica.
- Ask for Amy, show her a picture of what you’re looking for, and she’ll either make it for you or help you make it.
- She has an amazing selection of materials, she’s incredibly talented, and she’s really fun.